The Kansas-Oklahoma Conference of the United Church of Christ Invites You to Join Us to hear our keynote speaker, the Rev. Traci Blackmon, as she speaks on the theme, A Just World for All.
REV. BLACKMON IS EXECUTIVE MINISTER OF JUSTICE & LOCAL CHURCH MINISTRIES for the United Church of Christ and Senior Pastor of Christ the King United Church of Christ in Florissant, Mo., Rev. Blackmon is well known for her compassion and commitment to those often forgotten and excluded in the halls of power. Her communal leadership and work in the aftermath of the killing of Michael Brown, Jr., in Ferguson, Mo., has gained her both national and international recognition and audiences, from the White House to the Carter Center to the Vatican. She was was named 2017 Citizen the Year by The St. Louis American and as one of St. Louis’ 100 most influential voices.
Engage in Conversations about:
- The challenges of working for justice in the particular states of Kansas and Oklahoma.
- Hear the story of how “every day Moms” saw what was happening in Charlottesville and decided to “start something” in Hutchison; and how you can, too.
- Taking a stand for justice is hard; how to overcome — or at least lessen — fear, and summon courage.
- So many issues, every single day; are you determined yet battle weary? Practicing self care for the long haul.
- Youth will have the opportunity for a time of engagement with Rev. Blackmon.
No promises of easy answers, but important conversations with others asking similar questions.
After lunch, participate in a Plenary talk back with Rev. Blackmon and end the day in a worshipful sending forth.
Registration of $40.00 includes breakfast and lunch (must commit to arrive by 8 a.m. for breakfast sponsored by Phillips Theological Seminary); keynote begins at 9:30 a.m.
Here’s the link for Saturday registration: https://tinyurl.com/koconf
For a PDF flyer for this event click here.
9100 Corporate Hills Dr
Wichita , KS 67207
Google map and directions